Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I think I'm gonna be sick!




Have you ever had that moment when you realize you’re having the best day of your life?  Maybe it was a wedding (guys nod here), or the birth of your first child (go ahead, nod again) or maybe it’s the day you finally step out on your own and become an adult.  Or maybe, just maybe, it’s the day you take another baby step towards your dream.

The past two days have been exhilarating, stressful and downright freaking amazing! 

After losing sleep while sitting with my father in the ER until 2am, I rolled out of bed yesterday morning, bleary eyed and exhausted.  I just knew it was gonna be a LONG day.  Watch out cause this gal was gonna be on a rampage!

But my entire day took a 180 when I opened my email to find a response to a query from back in November to a small publisher that not only works with local writers, but also newbies!
 
I tell you what, an email like that is a million times better than a pot of coffee!

I jumped into high gear and polished my samples until they shone like the diamond I hope they are. 

By 1am my energy reserves were bone dry.  I was back up by 6:30 putting the finishing touches on it with the help of my friend, Danielle Bannister author of Pulled, and hit send. 

For those of you who know me, I’m an obsessive writer and I’m proud to admit that, but after spending that many hours on intensive rewrites and editing my brain is short circuiting!  Hence the blog post haha

Now here I sit, in my usual chair at the library, and I can’t focus on a thing.  Perhaps today, procrastination wouldn’t be such a bad thing.  I think I deserve a break.

I’m gonna cuddle up in a plush armchair and read to my heart’s content! 

PS: I bet that lasts about 5 minutes and then I’ll be back to work again!

1 comment: