Thursday, November 17, 2011

What I'm reading: Matched by Ally Condie

Matched by Ally Condie

One of the things I love most about my job as a writer is that I can justify the hours I spend reading teen books.  It’s all in the name of research!  At least that’s what I tell my husband when I’ve got the bedroom light on long into the wee hours of the night.

My newest book, which I am nearly finished with, is Matched by Ally Condie.  Dystopian love stories seems to be all the rage now.  And for good reason…they’re great!

Matched is no exception.  I love the characters, the imagery Ally Condie uses to paint her futuristic world and the confusing love triangle.  I know some people hate love triangles but NOT ME!  Give me a good love mystery and I’m happy.  But don’t give it away too easily.  I love to unexpected.

For anyone looking for a good read for themselves or their teenager girl I suggest Matched.  Ally Condie’s sequel, Crossed, is next on my Must-Read list.




No comments:

Post a Comment