Monday, November 14, 2011

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

For those of you that have just found me or are wanting to get a sense of who I am as a writer and avid reader, there is one thing you need to know.  I LOVE FANTASY!

Give me vampires (in moderation), werewolves, shapshifters, angels, trolls, you name it I'm probably gonna love it.

My newest love affair began a year ago when Andrea Cremer, first time novelest, released Nightshade.  It provided a wealth of rich characters, a love triangle (which I'm a huge fan of) and a unique perspective into the lifes of shapeshifting guardians.  Totally my kind of book.

Well...after I raced through James Dashner's, The Death Cure, I leaped straight into Wolfsbane, Andrea's sequel to Nightshade.

First off...if I have to be honest...I got a tiny bit bored in the beginning.  The duty of explaining the intricate details of the book was a bit to wade through, but smack dab in the middle of the book it took off and I stay up till 2am to finish it. 

Loved the action, the pace, the surprisingly appealing new characters and the groan at the end when Andrea left it wide open for the third book.  Don't you just hate it when authors do that?  Haha. 

I even found a couple typos.  Darn it but I love it when that happens.  It makes it so much harder for people to bash self published authors when traditional presses make mistakes too!  We're human people.  Get over it!  Haha!
So...if you are looking for a good read, I highly recommend picking up Nightshade and Wolfsbane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment