Friday, October 14, 2011

Taking a Breather...

Do you ever find that there are times when you simply write too often?  I have.  Some days all I can think about it getting through the day so I can put my thoughts down on a word document.  But others, I don't even want to look at my laptop!  Creativity is fickle like that!

Sometimes we just need to step back and take a breather.  That's exactly what I did over the weekend.  I finished my homework for my writer's group that will be meeting on Monday but I got very little else accomplished.  I will share my homework assignment next week since I don't want to spoil it for some of the members who take a peek at my blog from time to time!

So when you start to feel overwhelmed, bogged down by words or a have muddled mind take a step back and do something completely different.  For me that typically means grabbing a new book from the library.  I know...you're probably thinking that it's still too similar but for me reading is relaxing!  Do whatever makes you happy and when the time is right you will come back to your homework, short story or novel with renewed vigor. 

Happy writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment